• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

nattieleather

Because of the different voltages needed for the tubes most of the radios would have been 110V AC and have built into them the needed voltage conversions/drops to make them work.

Since the truck's wiring harness is fried and you are going to have it made or make one on your own I'd say go for 6V - ground and don't worry about it. Except for electrical gauges and maybe the starter motor and generator the running light bulbs don't care if they are + or - ground they go both ways. :)

zout

I know the radios work cause i spoke with Mork only as Mindy was out space shopping. I spoke with SETA about talking to aliens on ww2 radio systems . but they got pissed when i asked to speak to the aliens they still are holding from Roswell NM.
People are sure touchy now a days and just just can.t help themselves nit pickin with what others are doing cause their life is so crappy.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just a few pics from this morning to tease ya.:naner:

Commander Warp has opened/cleaned/inspected the voltage regulator and it looks good. Has also decided on positive ground.

He is currently working on making enough wiring setup to engage the starter and ignition system without using any of the burned/melted wiring. The goal is to just get it running and wait for the new wiring harness to come in for the rest of the stuff.

Attachments

zout

Coolant system sealed up and i only have water in it but 50/50 extd life coolant standing by after testing. Zout 2 is going to have a hissy fit cause i will be draining the straight water and refill (we pay heafty water fines here if you go past your limit in this county.....i think it has to do with pb's sherriff friend tho).

See whap happens here in a little while troopers....i just do not want to miss anything.

zout

Started removing old wire harness and tagging. Hooked up a temp ign system to cheat ti get it fired up. Had to tear apart the solenoid and clean the contacts really good after Zout2 gave it her first attempt. No fuel or Ign on these tests. #2 attemp Deb got er rolling over in good ole 6 volt slow motion manner.... Sent the Mafia a short video of this.

#3 test had a bottle of fuel and ign ON. discontinued rolling it over as we have a carb that leaks all over like Niagra Falls. She looks like a total rebuild that was in the boxes....but now i need the one that was originally on THAT original engine.

Will try to catch up on a few pics for yall. But PBis kept up constantly.

zout

Selective playing with removal of OEM FRIED harness and tagging along with pictures.
Along steer column the cut off shaft and linkage that activated and deactivated the PTO system for the on board generator - LOOK CLOSE
Hot wiring in just enough to get it started - wire harness ordered so I did not want to get toooooooo involved - also the Positive ground 6 volt battery connection.

Although with the awesome assistance of Zout2 we got to the point we put fuel and hot to it and only got stated to fire that baby up - owner was contacted of why this was stopped and all work halted till we get what what we need from the original engine - the missing link so - to - speak.

Not sure of what your looking at just ask away fellas.20150711_082743.jpg20150711_093547.jpg20150711_093826.jpg20150711_093835.jpg20150711_123402.jpg20150711_125211.jpg20150711_125229_HDR.jpg20150711_131417_HDR.jpg20150711_131420_HDR.jpg20150711_135954.jpg20150712_093916.jpg20150712_093926.jpg

zout

I do.....i want the easy way out that common core education taught me. Right or wrong running or not as long as it looks good IS OK ---------NOT

turnkey

News flash on the wiped out electrical system.....NTSB and EPA have been in closed door meeting on the cause of the said problem......NTSB has relaeased it findings....The problem with the MV wireing cable shorting out is due to the ICE CREAM melting in too hot set up and shorting out the MV wireing harness..............FIlm at 11 PM.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have complete faith that Zout will get the ole girl purring like a kitty without harming her![thumbzup] In fact, that's why she is where she is.

I want to get most of my WWII stuff going and looking presentable and then downsize all the newer/larger stuff. May be some good deals coming soon.:popcorn:

zout

We did shoot a tiny video clip a few folks were sent of it just rolling over for the first time. There will be other videos taken wgen the real action starts to record this into youtube video. My grandson will handle this cause he makes his own produtions now on youtube.

When this happens its link will be posted up for ya all to partake.
As other misc stuff is done the pictures will still be forth coming so this is recorded for history sake.

Its just me and i had my laugh a coupletimes about the truck originally......but now its a dishonor to those that served in it to insinuate its an ice cream truck......it would be like calling Proud American a dump truck. Just a thought and its only my opinion. But i will try hard to give the truck the honor working on it for those that served in it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We did shoot a tiny video clip a few folks were sent of it just rolling over for the first time. There will be other videos taken wgen the real action starts to record this into youtube video. My grandson will handle this cause he makes his own produtions now on youtube.

When this happens its link will be posted up for ya all to partake.
As other misc stuff is done the pictures will still be forth coming so this is recorded for history sake.

Its just me and i had my laugh a coupletimes about the truck originally......but now its a dishonor to those that served in it to insinuate its an ice cream truck......it would be like calling Proud American a dump truck. Just a thought and its only my opinion. But i will try hard to give the truck the honor working on it for those that served in it.
I humbly agree and hereby issue the following Imperial Decree:

"Hence forth, hereafter, and from now on, any feller who refers to the K18-C Commo Truck as an ice cream truck, or makes any comparison to same shall be labeled a poopoo head and will be given severe punishment as yet to be determined".

Also...my actual dream of using the truck on Fort Benning to sell ice cream and sammiches at the ranges and training areas were crushed last year when Ft. Benning Morale Support Activity took over that venue and outside vendors are no longer authorized.:(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks