• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

goldneagle

If you could fit a small tank inside you could fill the void with expandable foam. Like the stuff MDMORGAN used on the walls of the camper project. I am confidant Dave will come up with the best solution to his taste.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bladder makes sense in theory, but I'd worry about moisture being trapped between the bladder and tank and eating the remainder of the tank. To prevent the moisture ingress you'd have to make it watertight, at which point might as well just call it a fuel tank...
With a bladder, the former steel tank should not be sealed but instead vented to allow the area between bladder and steel to breathe as the fuel is consumed and the bladder contracts. Otherwise, the engine's fuel pump (sucking) action would be fighting the vacuum created between the shell of the tank and the draining bladder. In some installations, a vent is used with a dryer for the incoming air to prevent the very humidity problem you've cited.

Good call !

zout

Great catch Steelpip....sharp eye there.
There is not a date stamp..already looked.

Real mass produced lead seams and they could care less how they looked as well....just get er done and don't leak.

There is just something about saving the oem stuff that urks me when i can't....just another piece to throw away of history.....slowly piece by piece it slips away..

Wild dog it.......blast it to submission...my concoction for pinholes.......Red Coat the inside.

Don't throw any other product names at me cause i have seen nearly all of them.

steelypip

There is just something about saving the oem stuff that urks me when i can't....just another piece to throw away of history.....slowly piece by piece it slips away..

Wild dog it.......blast it to submission...my concoction for pinholes.......Red Coat the inside.

Don't throw any other product names at me cause i have seen nearly all of them.
No argument on either count. Red Coat is what I'd use as well after lots of pinhole sealing...

zout

Pb its the same way i did that ambulance fuel tank.

ITS NOT MY IDEA (don't know why tho but i like it).
There will be a gallon Crown Royal bottle adhered to the bottom of the tank and a tap ran to the outside .. Also a re-fill usage there.

In case you run into freezing weather for survival .. Emergency .

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK...I never actually SAID hands off the radios!!:roll:

When you texted me that you were gonna post a youtube video I was hoping to see you tooling around the power lines in it or maybe even up and down the road a little, but hey...this is good enough for now.:goodjob:

Yep...I'm getting "the itch" to drive that ole girl around some...just in case you couldn't tell!:popcorn::papabear:

The FIRST thing I'm gonna do is find some non-ethanol gas to put in her!

Last edited:

zout

I have been tooling around bro....you just seemed to have missed or not been copied on the memo.

Suppose this weekend you want one of those videos. I am glad i work under pressure so well.

Last edited:

zout

Kill two birds with one stone this weekend - 97.1 playing the Ga Jumbo Bucks Lotto hit song - PLUS drive around the power line in the K - PRICELSSS - we'll let you know where to send donations.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Go mordern with the fuel tank they come many sizes and shapes...just a thought for ya..
In the long run I guess it's better to keep the original. Who knows...she may just become my daily driver on cool days and there's a lot to be said for keeping the ole girl as original as possible.:beer:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recommend you stay with the original tank so when you get invited to take it to the Smithsonian Institute in Washington it will be as original as possible. [thumbzup]