• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 M35?

barefoot

OK Deuce ID/history gurus I found one I like and am trying to learn more about it, but I have not seen much on old gassers. Take a peek at this data plate and tell me what you think. Can anybody point me towards resources for or owners of gas burning deuces?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a few folks along for the ride here with gassers. Your's was origianlly a chassis truck, what bed does it have now? The OA331 is pretty decent engine and can do the job albeit a little slower and less efficient. If you plan on doing unloaded cruising with the truck you can add the 3053A overdrive trans from a multifuel truck to get more top end speed. Has this truck typically sat? One thing to consider is condensation damage in gear boxes. Once you start driving it I would change all the gear oils after the first decent road trip. Parts are readily available for the OA. Has this truck been in civillian hands for a while? Is it still 28v? Sure would like to see a few more pics.
BTW Barefoot, where do you hail from? Need to complete a signature and put your state of residence in there.

barefoot

the current owners of the truck bought it for the very large generator that used to be mounted on the bed. they would use it at different sites as an emergency power source. After a few years they transfered the genset to a trailer as the maintenance necessary to keep the truck ready for emergencies was . The truck has three pretty large tool boxes. One is the width of the truck immediately behind the cab the other two run down either side. all open and close (thanks to a generous amount of oil residue from the genset)

hot rod deuce

Hey i just bought one of those....for parts. It has a gas Reo motor what ever that amounts to and the overdrive trany that some one swaped in. It runs but not very good. Realy needs a good carb cleaning. Im not sure what its worth...make an offer if your interested

lacoda56

I have one of those in really good shape. It's a '57 Utica Bend. I haven't driven it much, maybe 25 miles, but from what I've seen, it's definately slow and underpowered. Still, it's easy to work on and fun to drive. Six cylinder gas engines have a sound all their own, and this one's no exception. Most of the parts I've needed so far were common for most models. I plan on taking it out on back roads and not be in a big rush to get anywhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks