• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 studebaker please help

Stuckmeister

I have found this truck and i am trying to learn more about it but cant. Tags inside the cab say it is a 1952 studebaker but i cannot find anything like it. Please let me know if anyone knows anything about it. I believe it has the REO 331 motor.

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-209-35 has all your technical answers.

tl:dr - Old school "gasser" deuce and a half with the "Gold Comet" engine. They're uncommon but generally not as desirable due to age, fuel consumption, and hard to get parts for the engine but share a lot of parts with the more common M35A2. Cool find.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the US Army contracted with Studebaker to supply 2 1/2 ton trucks in the 1950's and this one is a survivor. The Army used it until the 1960s and made it available to other government agencies. The Ohio Highway Department was the second user. They used and abused it for years and then sold it at an auction. Someone then bought it and used it some more, until so many things were wrong with it that they gave up on it and parked it. Now you found it. It is now 68 years old and needs everything rebuilt and all rubber parts replaced. This is a huge expensive project.

Katavic918

Good deduction. If I had the space I would feel compelled to drag it home and see if I could get it running. But most likely its good for parts at best.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Less than a Thousand would be a good price. It's worth a few hundred in scrap ( which is essentially what it is right now; non running, no bed, etc))

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

davidb56

theres a running one on FB spokane for a grand. It burns oil....needs a rebuild. So I'd be inclined to offer 4-5 hundred, as you'll spend 10x that getting it really road worthy. Sorry, its a 54 GMC advertised.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks