• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 “gasser” deuce build thread/ adventure

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried squirting oil into the low compression cylinders for retest, but difference was negligible.
If your truck read the repair manual, that finding would mean that it is not the pistons/rings that are at fault but the intake or exhaust valves. Matches your impression that the valve train was stuck.

You can roll the dice and hope that it is only surface contamination on the valve, causing it to not fully seal. You can further hope that it clears itself up over time after it starts running. Otherwise it's pretty much pull-the-head-time and polish/re-seat the valves.
I'd probably clean up the valve train as well as I could and then run it and see what it does. You can still pull the head anytime later.

silverbullet72tnt

Pulled the head yesterday afternoon, put a smoke machine to it and atleast five exhaust valve seats are leaking. didnt both to test the intake side. Its headed to machine shop today.

A couple of the cylinders (2 I think) looked like they had slight discoloration, but nothing I could feel with my fingers. I'll post pics when I get on home computer

rustystud

Pulled the head yesterday afternoon, put a smoke machine to it and atleast five exhaust valve seats are leaking. didnt both to test the intake side. Its headed to machine shop today.

A couple of the cylinders (2 I think) looked like they had slight discoloration, but nothing I could feel with my fingers. I'll post pics when I get on home computer
Well if you gotta do it, you might as well do it right.

Maverick1701

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks