• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 M37 value?

Seanmace54

Frommer M37 2nd variant

gabaddog you ask a very good question and as is always the case there are MANY variables the first one is what kind of shape is it in? How much rust, and how bad is that rust? What kind of shape is the interior in, the mileage on it IF and that is a big IF in fact it really only has 8K (dont count on it) then comes does it drive under its own power? then we have the Transmission, diffs and transfer case they are all things that determine value. I will go out on a limb a little and say that everything is functional and in REASONABLE condition on all the items above I am estimating a value (of what I would pay) or between 4500 to 5500 dollars. Its all GOT to be in REASONABLE condition for this to happen, Great truck absolutely but as alwasy be careful and buyer very AWARE!
Good luck and pics always help
KK
My grandfather brought this gun home from the war. he had a whole duffel bag of them, but they told the soldiers that they could only take home 1, so he ditched the rest. It is the 2nd variant, the legend matches perfect with the Cal rather than Kal. Knowing only 1000 were made, earlier in the war I assume not as many made it over to america. I was curious of the value, so I could inform my father, He wasn't aware of the several different variants of this gun produced during the war. The gun is in pristine unused condition.
Thank you.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, you have to keep in mind your market audience. There are a lot of people willing to buy a truck at $1500 to $3500. They are looking for the best truck that amount of money will buy.

You may have a beautifully restored truck, frame-up, all new or rebuilt everything, and almost every single accessory or add-on kit plus lots of spares and all the manuals even remotely related to the truck. Very few people will be interested in buying that truck. It is way outside their budget, and way more involvement than they want with a "truck".

People usually shop "up-market" from their budget, and hope to find a "distressed" seller. The "market audience" is usually defined by their budget, which is a "hard point" that doesn't move much.

So if the "worth" of an item is what it will sell for (market clearing price), then that gorgeous truck is either not "worth" very much or it is withdrawn from the market.

Or you have to find a special buyer in a very small audience.

GUNNY 155

Hey Storm, As usual you are spot on. I have to agree with your earlier post. My truck owns me too, but I am glad I bought her and we have a lot of fun and good memories.