• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 USAF M-37 photos and info

USAF m-37

I just got a 1953 USAF M-37 and cannot find any photos of them on duty station or just any that will help me get mine back to the Strata Blue that she was, If anyone can point me in the direction i need to go to where i can see how the trucks looked and was outfitted in the airforse also we lifted the seat and found cold weather gear for a pilot it is Army Air Corp and leather which is a great find but anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

M-37Bruce

Welcome From Central VA

Nice Catch,
You are gonna need to give us a peek at your rig, soon!

Ed Marchese
I thought I'd find it for you, this is a Gallery Album of Ed Marchese his rig is a nice one!

BTW,

nopics
Again, Welcome

USAF m-37

I tried to get some pictures but for some reason it wouldnt take and copy from my computer i am going to try again and see what happens

USAF m-37

Yes i am going to look at it more closely and thank you for the help so far, it is almost all there except for my mirrors and a few other odds and ends but the mirrors are a must for me to find i have been looking but so far unsuccessful

nattieleather

The cab is painted OD and I don't see any evidence at least in the pictures of it ever being Strata blue. There was a time period where the USAF trucks were painted OD. Just some food for thought.

USAF m-37

It is under the OD the outside is Strata blue undr the yellow and the OD was done by the FD that owned it according to there chief and in a few places where the OD is off it is Strata blue it is a very thin coat of OD you can almost wipe it hard and it comes off thanks for the info

USAF m-37

Oh and Bruce thank you for all the help it is greatly appreciated i now have everything to finish up getting my truck back to Mil specs he had all the parts i needed at Midwest Military and was very helpful now to Get my truck back up to the greatness it deserves.

M-37Bruce

Glad I could help, John is a great resource as well as a good friend! Have you heard about AB Linn, he's in Salisbury, NC, he has several warehouse's of Military Vehicle parts, mostly Dodge too. What area of NC are you in?

USAF m-37

I am Originally from Lexington, NC which i go back and forth all the time and Salisbury is only 15 to 20 miles from there, Right now I live south of Wilmington, NC I am supposed to be heading up that way the first of next month I will see if i can track him down or something to see what he has.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks