• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1954 M135 for sale in Raleigh, NC

Amnon

This is a posting for a friend, please don't reply to me.
------------------------------------
Amnon,
Do you know anyone that would like to buy my Army Truck. I no longer have a use for it. It is located at my shop in downtown Raleigh if anyone wants to see it. It needs some work, but would be a treasure to the right person.
If I can't find someone, I guess that it will be off to Raleigh Metals Processors for scrap. That's Gary Saber in the picture.

My new Email address that I use everyday is:

A821GUTH@bellsouth.net

Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve Guth
Guth Sound & Electrical Service, Inc.
821-4884
-------------------------------
Pictures at
http://www.ncmvpa.com/temps/steveguth6x6.jpg
http://www.ncmvpa.com/temps/steveguth6x6-2.jpg
---------

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Re: RE: 1954 M135 for sale in Raleigh, NC

chicklin said:
gimpyrobb said:
chicklin said:
The pics are in the links at the bottom of the original post.
I know, can't reach them from work, site is blocked.
Bummer, I thought our web filters were restrictive.
Yeah, its goofy. I can reach NO OTHER web forums than this one and the 715zone. If they ever catch on, its "postal" time! 8)

chicklin

gimpyrobb said:
chicklin said:
gimpyrobb said:
chicklin said:
Yeah, its goofy. I can reach NO OTHER web forums than this one and the 715zone. If they ever catch on, its "postal" time! 8)
Well, at least you have those. Although, it's odd that those two get through.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

chicklin said:
gimpyrobb said:
chicklin said:
gimpyrobb said:
chicklin said:
Well, at least you have those. Although, it's odd that those two get through.
I'll take lucky over good any day. I can't even get to metalmeet at work! In order to return this thread to its original intent, I would love to get a slant nosed deuce, just no spare room right now. Someone will get a nice truck if they get this one.

chicklin

RE: Re: RE: 1954 M135 for sale in Raleigh, NC

Do those old GMC deuces match up with any sort of civilian truck? In other words, if you bought one, would you be able to find parts from non-military sources? It's by my experience that you can still walk into a CarQuest and get parts for a 50 year-old GMC or Chevy. My dad and I just bought and are restoring a '54 Chevy pickup, and the parts situation is about 1000 times better than the military stuff I've worked on.

Sorry, this maybe should be another thread, but I think it pertains to considering a purchase of an old deuce.

butch atkins

parts intrchangeability

NO,nothing but original military parts will work on these trucks,95% will have to use military parts,i know i tried,even the wheel bearings i had to use military part because the civy wheel brngs had the wrong radius on the inside of the bearing race and they woulkdnt go all the way against the axle flange,had to take 4 sets of brngs back and get refund,if ther was acheaperway i would have done it,when GMC made these trucks for the military ,they made sure they would have a monopoly on the parts,one of the reasons the military didnt buy any more of these trucks is because GMC refused to subcontract out any parts,unlike the m35s which were made by REO,AM GENERAL KAISER and the list goes on,and practically nothing from a m35 will work either,VOICE OF EXPERIENCE SPEAKING,hope this helps someone before you spend your hard earned $

butch atkins

truck pics

SOMEBODY SAVE THIS TRUCK,has a WINCH,HARDTOP,and looking at the front of the hood,doesnt have the little round cover over the hole ,looks like the square HOOD,AIR SCOOP,that truck maybe has a factory heater,it is not clear in the pics but it does not have the factory round cover over the hole,in the 2nd pic you can see thebolt pattern of the HOOD AIR SCOOP,maybe doesnt have the heater but somebody please go look at this truck,SAVE THE GMC

CGarbee

I talked to Steve about this truck a month ago... He said that it was making a clunking noise in the rear end when he last drove it (about a year ago) and that he didn't know if it was driveshaft related (u-joint) or in one of the differentials. He said that he didn't need it for work anymore, and thus hadn't bothered to investigate the sound anymore. The truck came out of SC (Forestry truck) and they installed a five speed in it.
It has a working lift gate.
It has a pinhole in the gas tank (he had epoxied over it when he go the truck, it had started to seep again).
Brakes need work.
It ran good last year...
Photos from when he drove to a meeting a while back can be found on my website at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos17.htm

He wants "scrap metal" prices for it, but when I talked to him, he was pricing it as prepped, clean metal and the price was more than I wanted to pay (I can get M35's locally for less, that are in better shape).

Somebody wants to make a deal with him, I can pick it up and store it for a short while.

butch atkins

gmc truck

hey yall, what a shame ,with a 5 speed that means no HI/LO range that was built in to the GM HYDRAMATIC tranny that the truck originally came with,i rode in a similarly modified(BUTCHERED) m211 ,and it was terribly weak and underpowered,when loaded the stock 134 hp 302 really had to struggle to take off,and you had to row the shift lever all the time just to keep forward momentum,hate to see it go to the scrapper,but its not worth much,but worth is relevant to the buyer/seller,one mans trash is another mans treasure,good luck to anyone who can get this truck,scrap is down to 6.25 per 100 lbs ,my neighbor works at the scrap metal recycling center driving a big rig hauling crushed cars,that is what he told me price was today,good luck to all on your projects

Green_gator

RE: gmc truck

I sent him an email about the truck as I know of someone interested in an old GMC. He says that it needs a master cylinder and gas tank work. It is currently titled in NC and the lift gate and winch work. He is asking about $1,200 for the truck and recommended that it be towed/trailered to it's new home.

rtjraleigh

Banned
JUST PURCHACED THE M211 IN THIS POSTING. IT HAS ITS PROBLEMS AND IT WAS 85% COMPLETE. PUTTING REBUILT MASTER CYL ON THIS WEEK AND DRIVING IT HOME. IF ANYONE HAS ANY TECH MANUALS FOR SALE PLEASE GET AHOLD OF ME. THANKS, ROB

kcimb

gimpyrobb said:
chicklin said:
gimpyrobb said:
chicklin said:
Same here gimpy, Campus kops would be all over me if I was caught on here *peeks out window*