• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1956 Dodge Deuce and a Half

soldier28

ok i have now found that my truck has he 57 dodge single hood when in 56 they had duel opening hoods so i am assuming that the truck was built during a cross over to the 57 styling or the military had the hood replaced to a single opening hood instead of the duel side opening hoods

deathrowdave

1962 w500

ok i have now found that my truck has he 57 dodge single hood when in 56 they had duel opening hoods so i am assuming that the truck was built during a cross over to the 57 styling or the military had the hood replaced to a single opening hood instead of the duel side opening hoods
The 1 I saw was a 1962 w500 as in the picture on second post !! It was a 4x4 truck with a 318 poly !! Strangest front axle I have ever seen in an 4x4 or 6x6 !!! Setting in scrap pile

soldier28

http://www.flickr.com/photos/teriechristmas/4964949439/in/pool-dodgeheavytrucks here it is found on flickr just not 6x6 variant but hood and grill are right but remember military variants as far as i know were not available to the public markets as i have said before the gentleman that i know that has an air corp variant is 6x6 and has a huge snow blower mounted to the front and an aux. engine mount to the back to run the snow blower it was used to clear the air field that was in northern vermont

tamangel

deleted original text as now dealing w/ a 1957 model per your pic link....

link here ( http://www.townwagon.com/pgpws/pgw500/pgw500.htm - also vin info link there ) indicates 1957 W500 info but again no 6x6 or W600 (D600-yes) mentioned in any of my research .. again, though the SEG (Special Equipment Group) did custom builds..) so who knows..Seems that someone went to alot of work removing all the multi-wheel drive components and bobbing the truck..or one off mil test bed?

Mike W

Last edited:

tamangel

that has an air corp variant is 6x6 and has a huge snow blower mounted to the front and an aux. engine mount to the back to run the snow blower
wow!..can he send you some pics of that Air Force rig to post..? or maybe what base they were used at..

Mike W
ex-AF guy that I am..

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

I just read this whole little thread you guys got going here and as much as these trucks are interesting me, I am about to give up because the punctuation here is so bad. Only half the thread makes any sense at all. Thanks.

I will be watching for pics.

tamangel

what..there are other people reading this too..!..its probably because we are in the same vein..we don't have to spell everything out and can talk in '..code..'..sorry about that..

Pic's are good.. punctuation...?

Mike W

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why are we ~30 posts into this and we are still guessing what he owns? POST SOME PICS ALREADY so we can stop the drooling.

Either post some pics of what you own, soldier28, OR YOU DON'T OWN IT. Stop being a F'n tease.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks