• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1956 M135 Fuel Pump PSI

hungryhungarianz

I need to know what pressure the old existing fuel pump runs at? I tested it with a 2-4 PSI fuel faccet pump but it does;nt seem to deliver enough fuel.

As i need to modify it and purchase a 24 volt electric. But how many psi should it be?

Thank you

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to know what pressure the old existing fuel pump runs at? I tested it with a 2-4 PSI fuel faccet pump but it does;nt seem to deliver enough fuel.

As i need to modify it and purchase a 24 volt electric. But how many psi should it be?

Thank you
Your going to do better finding information on your truck in the correct forum " The Early Deuce".

The Early Deuce

Post # 13 of this thread shows 6-8 PSI .

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?90110-24v-carter-fuel-pump-overhaul-M220/page2

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel pressure GPH G749

I can smell an M135 thread a mile away, Welcome to the round nose rotunda. Found the data on page 227 over here on 9-8024, https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?106483-More-M135-TM-s

2 1/2 to 3 psi , 20 gph ...... We test them with a jerrycan safely secured to a mirror so they don't need a lot of juice. Too much juice and a poorly set float in the carb can let gas flow through an open valve. Sometimes just enough gas flows that when it gets a spark it'll blow the muffler off. Let's be careful out there and carry a large fire extinguisher in your pocket.

PC121331.jpg

hungryhungarianz

Thank you Porkysplace and M1010PlowBoy to your quick response i appreciate your help. Thank you for the link to the thread of the fuel pumps on steel soldiers.

I though i was going crazy. So i only need 2 - 3 psi then. ................I Will Be BACK!!!!