• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1960 CJ-5

RedBob

I have a 1960 CJ-5 that I am rebuilding. Since someone decided that I didn't need it, they wrecked into it and pushed it into the right side of my 2001 Dodge pickup. Bent the right rear axle and damaged the rear end. The rear end has been completely rebuilt. Frsame has been wire brushed down to metal and repainted. New body has been installed as the original was really rotted out from east coast weather. It had the cover for the battery box on the body, but was not functional. Replaced the complete wiring system as that too was in dire need of repair, way too many splices. Replaced the rear lights with updated LED style fixtures. Could not get the fuel pump to work so that was replaced with an electric one. The distributor has also been replaced with an electronic model. All new rims (16") and tires. Jeep had military style decals on dash and they have been saved along with the VIN data plate. Painted in USMC colors. I also have the gun mount and demiled .50 cal gun for use in parades. Original 4 cylinder engine (12V). Now for some reason the engine will not start. Was running good then all of a sudden it stopped. I think that the cerb may need to be rebuilt also. Any other ideas??

DeetFreek

Fuel, spark and air. Gotta be one if those. Check voltage on the coil, if good, go to points/condenser. If all the electronics test good, go to fuel. You can disconnect the fuel line at the carb, turn the engine over to see if you have fuel pressure. If none, plugged filter or pickup, even the line possibly. If there's pressure, carb needs attention.

That's it in a nutshell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks