• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1960's Aircraft refueler

Avn-Tech

Group,

This is another one of my many projects. It appears to be a 1960's 4000 gal aircraft refueling truck. The data plate has been removed, leading me to think Ex-Government. But i have not found much info on the truck yet.

The truck runs and I drove it home, after paying $100 at an auction for it.

Laterrrrr
Avn-Tech
California City, CA

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice. Big GMC gas V-6 in that? Dodge and more recently Mack made versions of this refueler.

Avn-Tech

NDT,

I have not had much time to look at the tanker yet, but it would make sense that it has the big V-6 dump truck engine in it. I have looked in the tank and it is in good shape with no crud or corrosian (ready for fuel). (4000 gal X $5.00 gal, is beyound my calculations and budget)

I have seen that engine rip rear ends out of regular pick-ups it was in.

I see the mack trucks at the military airfields that looks similiar, but did not know they are the same. Will have to do more research.

Laterrrrr
Avn-Tech
California City, CA

Avn-Tech

Frodobaggins,

If you and I were at the same auction, we would probably drive the price up as we bid against each other with anticipation of our new toys!

Laterrrr
Avn-Tech

Avn-Tech

StrykerPez,

I plan to restore her, and use her to haul jet fuel. There is a local airport where they work on Jets. When they defuel the jets the fuel is hazardes waste and needs to be hauled out. I would like to get lisenced to haul this fuel, then call my freinds with jets to come fly for cheap fuel. Giving rides for to my friends and I.

I may convert the fuel truck to a deisel engine, so I can run jet fuel, If my plans work out.

I am currently negotiating for an as removed from service F-5 jet fighter, to be restored to flying. Also looking at T-33 jet trainer for my aircraft collection (11 aircraft).

My main focus has been on military aviation (Aircraft), but I just recently purchased 2 ea, 1 1/2 ton trailers. I am currently having problems with GL on the EUC's, but hope to get it worked out next week. I am also looking at duece trucks (when I was in the army I had 9 HUMVES and 2 duece trucks assigned to the shop I ran).

Laterrrr
Avn-Tech

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks