• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1962 M37B1 Marine version

Eric's hifim37

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would post my BIG M37B1, I have had it for 8 years. It has a lot of modifications but other than the lift, big tires & custom seat I have kept it stock looking, I also have 2 other B1's one stock one and a parts truck. I am going to restore the stocker and use this truck to pull my Command car to the shows. I just picked up a S-152 shelter to make into a sleeper and I will post pictures of it when I get a chance to take some. I have other wheels and tires I run on this truck depending on what I need it for, right now it has the 44's on it for the "get out of my way look" & smooth ride. This is my 4th M37 and I just can't get along with out one. I am a self confessed M37 junkie and proud of it :wink:

Enjoy, Eric..

armytruck63

Good looking M37. How does it stop with those big tires?

My avatar shows what happens when you don't have big tires in the desert.

Eric's hifim37

Hi,

Thanks for the reply with hood numbers, my other M37 has hood number "303181" so now I know of another B1 with a close hood number of "303156" cool, I found my other B1 here in Hinkley Ca. famous for the Erin Brokovich movie, I thought it was a rare sight to see two B1's with the same beginning hood numbers even in the same state ! My "303354" B1 was originally sent to Okinawa Japan when new, I found this my removing the many layers of drab & red lead paint, I fiquered both my B1's must have ended up in Barstow,29 Palms or Camp Pendleton before they were retired and that is how they came in this area. It would be cool to know where your Dad's B1 came from.

As far as the Big tires & Brakes question ? I have the front disc brake / large bore master cylinder modification, they work real good. I tow & cruise about 70 mph down the road so I needed more brakes :driver:
Cheers, Eric..

1958 M274

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Eric,
Dad's M37 was rebuilt at MCLB Albany, GA in 1968. I'm going to guess that it may have been surplused there later on. While he did not purchase it directly from the Gov, Dad has owned his truck for about 25 years. Do you have a picture of 303181? It's kind of interesting, I have a mighty mite with hood number 309734. I know who owns 309735. Also, I know where a couple of consecutive serial number gama goats are. I know I have some better pictures of Dad's M37, but here are the only two I could find right now.

Attachments

Eric's hifim37

Hi,

Great looking MV's ! I was trying to post more pictures but my computer is not letting me, I think the virus firewall is set to high and I am not Mr. Computer so the pictures will have to wait until I get my computer geek wife to set me up. Anyway I'll place all of the B1's together and get a picture ready after this nasty rain stops here, we are having our once in 5 years rain right now and plenty of snow in the mountains so I am not wandering to far from the heater these past days [thumbzup] Being a Desert native I get cold if it is colder than 70 degrees, so on top of being a M37 junkie I am also crying in the winter (LOL)

I'll post some pics as soon as I can,

Eric..