• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1963 Diamond T, M51

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does sound great, the continental 6602 is 602 cubic inches or 100 ci/jug. I never really wanted a gasser, but am glad I have one.
I remember as a kid going to Mammoth Lakes, CA where there is a large popular ski resort. There was a couple of those M51 gasser dumps up there. I don't know if the ski resort , the city or the county owned them. They were bright yellow and had the rebuild fiberglass hoods (round fenders) on them. What I remember most was hearing them backfire as they descended the steep road from the ski resort....

"Boom-Boom-Brumble-Rumble-Lumble-Lumble"...somethin" like that
:driver:[thumbzup]

poof

Dirty Hippie
Hornets.. Just when I was sure i had gotten them all....there was more...While doing cleaning Manuvers..
I discovered that even though this truck was made to haul dirt and mud... it stays relitivaly clean.
Im thinking its because it dosnt move fast enough to get any on it self...I would like to see this truck on a steep up hill grade in LOW-First i think you could get out and have a half hour lunch , and it wouldnt have moved 100 feet...
. If you had to buy me lunch or pay for the Fuel it used in that Half hour.. it would be a coin toss as to what would be cheeper.. well the sun is up.. time to go fart around some more on it.. good luck with your recovery today drgreg.. lets see some pictures of that tonight..

Monty

It will have to haul loads for it's keep, but only on my farm. I would like to give it the era correct paint job and have it for show too. It is just a ways down the list right now. Poof took it to his house and is doing some sprucing up, but it is still cool in its current condition.
Chad, are you near DaveB?
Not sure, where does he live? I'm in West Racine county.

Good to her the trucks getting a work out, looking for one myself but I may need to sell my 7000series GMC first to keep mama happy.

Chad

Monty

When i drove my bobed m54 off the lowboy it was in low range TC in first gear I know I could have got out ran to 200 feet to my barn grabbed my coffee and made it back before it went 50 feet (What a HOOT).

Do you still have the Holey carb on yours? Mine was supossed to be rebuilt which it may but they never hooked up a fuel filter to the carb causing dirty little particles of rust to cause driveability problems.

I have a fuel filter plumbed up and I'm going to be switching over to the Zenith carb, everyone who has one swears these are the best replacement carbs for these engines.

Again great looking truck

Chad

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks