• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1963 M37 B1 top speed issue

Rcredbaron

When the truck gets above 40 mph its like i took my foot off the gas pedal even though i dont. Then when it gets down to 40 mph again, the its like the gas pedal is re-engaged. Feels like a regulator. But it just started doing this. Runs great otherwise. help

Rcredbaron

Is there a manual or guide online that i can study on making adjustments to it? The strange thing is i used to get up to 50 mph with no issues. It never did this before. I appreciate any help.

Rcredbaron

The issue has been there for about 6 months. In that 6 months i replaced the original fuel pump with a Facet electric fuel pump specifically designed for the psi of this carb. About 4.5 psi. I replace fuel filter. I replaced coil and points ( which im about to install the electric ignitor just for the hexk of it ). The carb is only 2 to 2 1/2 years old. Replaced all new fuel lines as well. Fuel is getting to carb at 4.5 psi no problem using guage to watch. Under 40mph truck runs perfect. No roughness. Idles like a humming bird. I had to learn this engine on my own and pretty much worked on nearly all engine components. From 40 to 45 mph i can push on gas pedal all i want and its like im not pushing on pedal. Once it hits 40mph i have gas pedal effect back with zero issues if i keep under 40mph. I thought the governor only kept me from pushing throttle beyond certain point not letting me get up to 45mph for like 30 seconds and then unloading. Also if im going like 43mph for a min and slightly take me foot off pedal, it kicks in the dead pedal effect again until im back down to 40mph. Again, thanks a million. Im losing hair scratching my head on this.

Rcredbaron

I should mention, i can get up to 45mph for about a minute. Then it feels like it disengages throttle dropping me to 40mph. Then giving me throttle control back. Zero throttle issues under 40mph. But anything over 40 and i can hold it for 30secs to a min before it disengages throttle control.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your governor on the carb needs adjustment. It is not a difficult job, but you need the correct tools.

There are a number of threads about this problem on the G741 website: http://www.g741.org/PHPBB/index.php

There is a lot of help over there since it is a M37 only website.

Good Luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks