• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1963 studebaker 109?

hatteras4164

Found 63 109? for sale i looked at the search and found very little info. I don't need the shelter just the truck. any help around Chicago my first recovery road trip after thanksgiving Ky to Chicago thanks for the help

Attachments

Last edited:

54reo

Found 63 109? for sale i looked at the search and found very little info. I don't need the shelter just the truck. any help around Chicago my first recovery road trip after thanksgiving Ky to Chicago thanks for the help
Welcome to the site, you will find it is quite valuable in "Deuce ownership". That is a nice looking truck that appears to still be a gasser (?).

There are several SS members in and around Chicago and your recovery path.

If I can help in any way, let me know as I will be at home for awhile.

BTW, if you are interested in getting rid of the M109 box, I am looking for one...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hey, Burlin isn't too far from me! Stop by on your way up! If you need a tow bar, I might be able to help. I love my 109, what do you want to know? To get the box off, you have 10 bolts holding it to the frame, the trailer plug has 4 bolts, maybe a couple wires up near the batterys, and whatever custom "stuff" the cop shop put in.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, if you end up brining the box home, I have a wrecker to help get it off. Any pics of the motor? I don't see a stack to indicate a diesel.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The paper work says diesel but we will see. I do not need the box how hard are they to remove and maybe save freight more pics.
The truck is not a diesel, but may well be a Multifuel. The LDS-427 had a horizontal exhaust like the gas engine, as did the early models of the LD-465. If the truck really is a 1963, it was built with the LDS-427 - but there is a good chance its been reengined with the LD-465.

Fine looking truck you have there!

Regards,
David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Matt had a 1963 M292A2 with the LDS 427. I don't know how it lasted that long without being repowered. Can't recall what Mfr it was. I do have some pics of it

G749

Hi you got that truck from the village of hillside .if so Iam right around the corner from it . If you need any help call me at 630-530-7622 or 630-330-5987 just ask for Craig

Jakob

Hey Hatteras, I'm not too far from you. If you're looking to get rid of the 109 box, I'd be interested in it. My bed is junk for the most part and I'd like to make a camper truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure hope to see it at Haspin this June! Congrats on a sweet looking truck, you have some good people out there to help you with it:-D.

m109guy

When they floated my M109, they had to dump all the air out of the tires to make it legal. Was 2" below maximum height on the drop deck tractor.

Would be too bad to remove the box off a nice truck like that, but I am sure several members here would be interested in it if you really don't want it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks