• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1967 1750 series international 5 ton running gear

backwoodsrootin

I'm quite new to your site and was wondering if any one can tell me what i have and where to get parts and possibly a teardown/rebuild manual.

me and my father have recently aquired some 5 ton running gear and all we have from it are a few numbers.

it's a 1967 1750 series international, believed to be a mobile communications vehicle from Veitnam, i have the numbers from the front and rear ends.
Front end:165423, 35-124, 207-256
Rear: 69013-r2-716-4
we believe that the gear ratio is 7:16

i would be greatly appreciative of any information that anyone may have to offer.
Also, thank you for the use of your forum

Jetnoise400

First off, post some photos. That will help a great deal in the identification process. And besides, everyone LOVES a good photo or two! As far as parts go, since it's an IH, try your local International dealer. I'm restoring a '42 M-3-4 IHC, and they often can find parts for my truck. As yours is 20 years newer, I suspect you'd have even more luck.

Welcome to the SS forum!

backwoodsrootin

I'll get some photos up as soon as possible , but we have called the somewhat local international dealers and they cant seem to find it in any of there systems , but we'll figure it out