• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1967 kaiser m35a2

Polaris bryan

I recently aquired this deuce it ran perfect for a long time until the transmition took a crap. The truck sat for 3 weeks put another trans in no problem...now it does not want to start. I replaced the ip pump with one that came from a running unit. Still no avail...
I'm at a loss everything is in time fuel is at hydro head all lines have fuel. I cracked injector lines all I get is a dribble.....

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you checked the fuel supply to the IP? Changed out fuel filters? Checked fuel flow from tank pump at fuel filters and beyond to be sure supply is good?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. When you turn the master on, can you hear fuel splashing into the tank from the return line? Can you hear the lift pump in the tank running?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you check the engine kill cable? Make sure it's pushed in and best to check it at the IP just in case.

Polaris bryan

Yes lift pump is good , fuel is returning inside tank. There is fuel flowing to filters -out from filters - cracked lines at ip pump fuel is present and flowing out. Ip is in correct timing. Pulled the 3/4 plug/bolt off from center of hydro head and fuel comes out with master on. Plunger is moving no sticking. Removed cover for shut off found the shaft to be sticky.... Removed and cleaned moves freely now. Set it back to 7 oclock position.
When I roll over engine only a dribble comes from injector lines while I hold shut off lever in run position.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You say you have to hold it in the run position, what position is that?

I ask cause it should be in the run position at rest.

Polaris bryan

I was holding with rod/linkage disconnected just to make sure it diddnt move while trying to roll engine over. And btw it has the continental multi fuel engine ldt

Polaris bryan

Ok well wound up getting another up complete from a 5 ton truck threw it in and bled it now she is alive again!! There is a god lol thank you everyone for help and guidance.
However I have one more question
Can I get New axle boots from like napa or some place or they have to be ordered? Mine were zippers evidently and their trash .....