• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1967 M151a1

Bart1015

In 2014, I bought this jeep after a very long conversation with my wife about it being "ready to go", "does not need anything" and its "perfect as it is". She was dead set on me not buying a "yard car" or a "another jeep project'".....

So with two new batteries and cash in hand I bought it. After some tinkering it was a runner and I drove it home. It had really bad bodywork, no recent maintenance and was stored outside under a makeshift cover for about 15 years. Everything needed attention.

The good, when it was parked, the PO left it idle until it ran out of gas. When the engine died, he pulled the gas tank plug and drained the remaining fuel I discovered it was "uncut", rust free and the GI radio system worked.

I replaced what need to be replaced and drove it for a while to prove it was "just fine as is".

I got fed up with the bondo falling out of the badly repaired front and rear fenders. So I ordered replacements and began the task of cutting out the old and welding in the new. By the time I was finished, I ended up restoring the entire vehicle. Everything was rebuilt or replaced with NOS parts and repainted. It took tons of time, money and forgiveness from my awesome wife. Now she wants me to finish my GPW that has been in pieces for 3 years.

I started the restoration January 2016 and finished July 3rd 2016 just in time for the 4th parade in Novato. This was a 6 month marathon for me.

IMG_4878.jpgFullSizeRender-5.jpgIMG_6021.jpgIMG_6030.jpgIMG_6635.jpgIMG_0037.jpgIMG_6658.jpgIMG_0022.jpgIMG_6763.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks