• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1968 M35A2 Brake light pressure switch

WTF D00D

Sorry guys, I searched but could not find exactly what I was looking for.

It's been many many years since I had to dig in gov TM's and I can't figure it out...lol. The trouble shooting manual said go to chap 7 to see where it is and how to replace the switch, what chap 7? I've dug through everything and I'm missing it.

The simple question is, on a 1968 M35A2, where is the darn switch?...lol

hemichallenger

The brake light switch is on the master cylinder.
If you are talking about the low air switch it is in the cab on the firewall about the middle.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have the original fluid pressure switch, it's on the forward end of the air-pack(brake booster).

If you have the upgraded air pressure switch, it is between the air-pack and the tool box(where you step up into the truck).

WTF D00D

Thanks doghead, found it right under the skid plate forward, correct?

Since all other lights are working and if you really push hard you can get a flicker out of the brake lights, this should be my first replacement to try and fix the problem aye?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. That's it.

You can simply test it with a meter or test light.

WTF D00D