• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1970 5-ton 6x6 needing wiring diagram.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Not sure exactly what you really need - but TM 9-2320-260-24P-2 on PDF Page 132 (Figure 329) has pictures of wires and where some of them are supposed to connect. TM 9-2320-260-34P-1 mentions Front and Rear Wiring Harness on or about PDF Page 287. Both of those books are for the M809 Series truck. So far as I know, there isn't a CAD drawing for the wiring...

Maybe that will help?
Or maybe you can offer up a little more information on what needs to be repaired?

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That appears to be the earlier M39 series truck. As in, M54, M52, M51, etc.

retiredtoy

Not sure exactly what you really need - but TM 9-2320-260-24P-2 on PDF Page 132 (Figure 329) has pictures of wires and where some of them are supposed to connect. TM 9-2320-260-34P-1 mentions Front and Rear Wiring Harness on or about PDF Page 287. Both of those books are for the M809 Series truck. So far as I know, there isn't a CAD drawing for the wiring...

Maybe that will help?
Or maybe you can offer up a little more information on what needs to be repaired?
Thanks for your fast reply. I have had this truck for about 10 years. I built a lake and my wife would push the earth scraper with it. I decided to get it licensed and couldn't find head lights so I had a wiring diagram, (which I can't find anywhere) and taped onto the center of the 2-12volt batteries for 12 volts. Now I have want to sell it and I need to put everything back to 24 volts. I'm 78 years old now and I have forgotten everything that I can't remember. I'll just have to dig into it and follow wires. I'm in Mexico, Mo. and the boy that wants to buy it lives in Jackson TN. He is a vetran with injuries from service and says he wants to drive this thing all the 800 miles to TN. I thought I would get it back to original as close as possible. OK, I'll stop. Thanks you for your help. John

Ajax MD

The circuit for the headlights should be the same between the M54 and M813 so either diagram should work.
If I recall, certain common circuits share the same tag number across truck platforms. If you can just find the tag number for headlights in the diagram, you can locate those wires on the truck.

retiredtoy

Thanks for your fast reply. I have had this truck for about 10 years. I built a lake and my wife would push the earth scraper with it. I decided to get it licensed and couldn't find head lights so I had a wiring diagram, (which I can't find anywhere) and taped onto the center of the 2-12volt batteries for 12 volts. Now I have want to sell it and I need to put everything back to 24 volts. I'm 78 years old now and I have forgotten everything that I can't remember. I'll just have to dig into it and follow wires. I'm in Mexico, Mo. and the boy that wants to buy it lives in Jackson TN. He is a vetran with injuries from service and says he wants to drive this thing all the 800 miles to TN. I thought I would get it back to original as close as possible. OK, I'll stop. Thanks you for your help. John
Thanks again for your help. I did find the complete wiring diagram for the M39 in TM9-2320-211-20-2-2 Chapter 28. Thanks again

retiredtoy

The circuit for the headlights should be the same between the M54 and M813 so either diagram should work.
If I recall, certain common circuits share the same tag number across truck platforms. If you can just find the tag number for headlights in the diagram, you can locate those wires on the truck.
Thanks again for your help. I did find the complete wiring diagram for the M39 in TM9-2320-211-20-2-2 Chapter 28. Thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks