• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1970 m35a2 missing on cyl #2

omaha_rick

Ok, so I'm going to look at a 1970 model that a freind of mine bought to help the previous owner out of money troubles. Truck had developed a miss, the po used an infrared heat gun to determine that cyl #2 was not firing. The truck black-stacks alot, and we are not experts in this field so I wondered if you guys had some insight. Thank you.

omaha_rick

i went and looked at the truck in person tonite, and drove it. it has a miss and is black-stacking as i said before, my buddy has cracked the fuel lines while it was running and it is getting fuel. he also pulled out the #2 injector to disassemble and clean it, it had alot of build up and he said it runs better now. the fuel in it smells pretty bad also. :???:
the truck drives great, brakes work great, has nearly new titan NDT tires, all the lights work, the only rust i found on the body is a 1" hole behind the blinker on the passenger front fender. has a tag that truck was rebuilt in 1989, engine has tag that it was rebuilt in 1990. truck has a hardtop, cab heater, and engine preheater.
we are working a trade that would equal about $3000- $3500. do you guys think this might be fair? i understand this is a very generic question and i have given only limited info. any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Considering all the deuces are just about out of the military, that this one apparently has a title/registration already, hard top and a heater, YES. It's a fair price. Two or three years ago, it would have been a bit on the high side, but that is when there were 100 or more deuces for sale each auction (IE twice a week).