• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 AM General - Restored

redcoat54th

Nice to see someone taking the time to do things right while keeping drivability as a goal. An inspiration as I start on my deuce. Hope it turns out as well. I have a lot of rust to remove under the bed area............................... Cannot wait for nice weather again next year. I did not buy the deuce untill fall this year, a bit late. Well: winter is for planning and ideas.

TexAndy

very nice.

What color did you paint the Jerry Can?

I've got an original 50s or 60s vintage US Jerry can, but it's 383 green as far as I can tell. It needs a paint job badly, but I like that brown color you used.

Lex_Ordo

I've been gone for a bit, but thank you again for all the compliments.
The Fuel Can is plastic, made by Scepter Canada, in their Drab Green. Now, they are almost impossible to find! Current USGI & NATO issue.

The paint is Omni Coatings from PPG, and is a polyeurethane flat Military 383 green. It actually is smooth to the touch unlike CARC, which aids in keeping it clean when washing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks