• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 Bob build

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should I look for something else to bob?
If that were my truck, I'd put 395's on LMTV rims on it and leave it 6x6. Put a good paint job on it and call it done.

If you're not planning to use it loaded, 16.00s on hemtt rims are the choice, but they take quite a bit away from the bottom end.

I'd not consider bobbing a dump truck. If bobbing something is an absolute must, I'd start with an M818.

That dump truck is worth a premium if the dump function works. Sell it and buy an 818 and pocket the difference. You end up at the same place, except more $ in your pocket.

I'm going to send you a PM. I drive right by you frequently...

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use an M931(A2). It's the short frame length, so no frame cuts needed. Study the rear suspension, use springs on the outside of the frame and put air bags for a load. You can vastly improve the ride and when you hall a load on a trailer, have the air already in place for trailer air brakes.

I sold one (a 931A2) that was a beauty and would make the perfect bob. He's wanting to sell it and offered a great deal to me.

I had an 817 that I loved.....would buy another...or trade. Absolutely don't do it to an 817/818. The creature comforts of the 931A2 are worth it.

98g is spot on about tires.....for play go big but for work, go 395.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks