• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 M811 with SEORTM

pacewagon

I have an M811 with a SEORTM Bat Wing bed. It is loaded with all of the original equipment, tools, and fasteners. What do you think something like that is worth? Where do I find info about these things?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you considering it's value for selling retail, scrapping, parting out, insuring or...?

pacewagon

Selling it. It is way to nice to part out. It appears to be almost 100% complete. It is LOADED with tools. 10k miles on it and it runs / drives great.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd say, depending on condition of the truck and how it runs, $10K to $15K would be fair. A mobile metal shop is something that carries some value to the right company.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How long have you had it? Does everything work? Is it fully stocked with all tools, and tooling?

Also a realistic consideration is, what did you pay for it. You must have had an idea what it was worth the day you paid for it.

Why do you want to sell it? recoup your investment, profit all you can, make $2000 for your time and work.

I never understand when someone asks such a simple question, with no details.

If you just looking for offers, I'll might give you $5000.

Those trucks are far from practical to work out of.

joec

How long have you had it? Does everything work? Is it fully stocked with all tools, and tooling?

Also a realistic consideration is, what did you pay for it. You must have had an idea what it was worth the day you paid for it.

Why do you want to sell it? recoup your investment, profit all you can, make $2000 for your time and work.

I never understand when someone asks such a simple question, with no details.

If you just looking for offers, I'll might give you $5000.

Those trucks are far from practical to work out of.

LOL.....fat lady sings

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was funny? :lost:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice rig,
Did you get any manuals with it.
I have a 811 that I got from Rural FD/GSA that I would like to find more of the kit/accessories for.

If you have or can take more interior pictures it would be most appreciated.

Attachments

pacewagon

Here are some more pictures I just took. Yes it came with 4 binders of manuals.
It is loaded with tool boxes and drawers full of stuff.

Attachments

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanx for the pics pacewagon.
Quite a stash of gear.

If you find time to post up the TM#s it would be greatly appreciated.
I am hoping I find a TM# specific to the 811 bat wing, up until now I have only come across the generic M809/5t manuals.

Two other things I have wondered about and aren't on my rig are:
1) is there as set of tarps/curtains that hang from the wings to enclose the work space
and
2) are the trolley rails at the rear attached to that trapezoid plate and does it extend out past the rear so items can be hoisted into the work area?
Did you get gin poles? I assume that is what the mounts on the roof are for.

So what are your plans sell, restore, other?
Does it have 11.00x20 NDT or 12.00x20 NDTs?
Really kool rig and looks like great condition.

papercu

TM# specific to the 811 bat wing, up until now I have only come across the generic M809/5t manuals.
That is because tne M811 is just a cab/chassis then when you put a Shop Equipment, Organizational Repair, Truck-Mounted it become a M811 with a SEORTM bed on it.
TMs are TM 9-4940-560-14 and 24P (for the SEORTM body only) both are restricted so can not just be "posted up". Each major tool would have their own manual. Best bet would be ebay. Wayne

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A note of caution- Check the hinges for your batwings! They are just big rubber strips and they tend to dry rot. The end result of that can be having them fall off on you. :shock:

When we picked up Sarge's trailer mounted version from GL it had big cargo straps around it. We wondered about that, but left them in place for transport home. We were then advised by another member about the hinges, and that he had a batwing come off on opening.
Checked Sarge's hinges and sure enough they were completely rotted out. That could have been very exciting but not much fun.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks