• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 M818 fuel tanks left and right

818 Test Pilot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i noticed in a few pictures here and there the fuels tanks are sitting forward and slanted front down. including my M818. wondering what causes this. the underneath support brackets seem to be ok but maybe connected with something in its prior life. just going to loosen up strap clamps on tank and readjust. the plate between tank support and rear wheel front of fender is too short ? seen hundreds of 818's active duty and don't remember seeing this. maybe i just don't remember.

Attachments

818 Test Pilot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our trucks look like long lost twins ;)
View attachment 651879
very very nice for sure. not gonna install the bumper step cause i believe thats cheating. i like doing a back flip onto the bumper. naw just kidding gonna git one soon cause my bones arent the same as when i was 20 and give my legs a twenty minute notice when i mount up.

Attachments