• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 M818 that I did Super single swap with 16.00r20's.

Al crane

Hello all, I have a 1971 M818 that I did Super single swap with 16.00r20's. The problem I have is that the left front tire hits the steering box.
I used wheels from mrap , does anyone have or had same problem or know the solution?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better pic of my M925 with steel HEMTT rims. M818 pics pending.

(I'm not intentionally including these other pics. When i accidentally bump them they add and are difficult to delete)

Attachments

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that is the problem, I have 2 piece bolt together wheels that have the wrong offset.
Agree. The latest HEMTT rims are the ones on my M925. They're 2 piece bolt together and work well on 809series and 939series trucks with 16.00R20s.

Attachments

Superthermal

I posted some pics back in April of how my old Goodyear tires sat on HEMTT steel wheels. Front sticks out just a bit and rears are tucked in just a bit. Several others posted some pics of what they have. From the questions answered there, many run HEMTT steel wheels on the front and combat rims on the back.

Last edited: