• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1976 suburban rear third seat

res0wc18

so i have a really nice old burban. It is fully loaded except it never came with a third seat(kinda crazy because it has front and rear A/C.... i want a third seat. Anyone have knowledge if the third rear seat can be easily added or?

and i know this isn't technically a cucv but its as close as i could get while getting some of the knowledge around here.

slantflat

I have an 83 Suburban with the third seat. It locks down into the floor with latches. To get the seat to go in correctly you'd have to cut the floor(or at least the holes with the locking bar) out of a three seat burb and weld it into yours.

res0wc18

so this is where im getting conflicting information. Some are telling me its the same as the 87-91 years where it slides into a subfloor latch rod like the k5's. but i cannot confirm this and since my burb does not have it i have no way to just go and look.

jime

I installed a third seat in my '89. I had to cut the floor and install the hardware for it to latch into. I took the seat and hardware from a totaled vehicle.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a third seat in my '89. I had to cut the floor and install the hardware for it to latch into. I took the seat and hardware from a totaled vehicle.
In the end this would be a better route. My 91 burb was lacking the 3rd seat but had the latch pockets in place. I was lucky enough to find a seat on CL for $35 and the fabric was an exact match.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks