• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1978 Oshkosh 911 Tractor and 747 trailer

Dukw

I just recently finished the paint on my 911 Tractor and 747 trailer and I need some help with all the proper military stencil markings. Is there a book or good reference material out there?? I have looked for photos on line with no clear detail shots.
I did contact Rick Larson of military vehicle stencils and he no information on these trucks..
Thanks for the help.
Rob Reigle
Fenton, Mi,
maxincbal579@gmail.com

Attachments

Last edited:

Dukw

so heres the big question....what are you going to do with it?
I use it to move my M422 around.....
Also I have a XM-174 that a take to MV shows. Last year I was going to the St. Clare, Michigan, Military vehicle show and the trucker decided to cancel after he was 5 hours late! Never again. Rob

M920

I use it to move my M422 around.....
Also I have a XM-174 that a take to MV shows. Last year I was going to the St. Clare, Michigan, Military vehicle show and the trucker decided to cancel after he was 5 hours late! Never again. Rob
Well I think the M422 mighty might should be within the capacity of your rig but the XM-174 grenade launcher might be pushing the limits of what you can savely haul on your trailer......Lol
What an AWESOME truck and trailer.....the truck makes the 14.00 R 24 tires look like 11.00 R 20s.....!!! :beer:
I can supply pics for the correct markings of the M747 trailer if you need but don't have anything on the truck....

Soni

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no need to be a smart a$$ about it. its obviously a huge and exspensive truck. so i would assume if you going to get something THAT big vs getting a m920...then you must have a reason for it...

M920

no need to be a smart a$$ about it. its obviously a huge and exspensive truck. so i would assume if you going to get something THAT big vs getting a m920...then you must have a reason for it...
True.....:roll:

So what are you really hauling on this beautiful rig of yours Rob....?????

Soni

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WHY need a reason, if you can afford it, buy it, just like hemmt, how many really need 1. Like a lot of us, we dont need a reason for our MVs, other then we LIKE them. and if some of us won the LOTTERY, yes we would OWN a 911/747 combo, along with a 123/15a1 combo, along with every other BIG truck that we could find.

XanRa

WHY need a reason, if you can afford it, buy it, just like hemmt, how many really need 1. Like a lot of us, we dont need a reason for our MVs, other then we LIKE them. and if some of us won the LOTTERY, yes we would OWN a 911/747 combo, along with a 123/15a1 combo, along with every other BIG truck that we could find.
very true.... i beilieve someone one heres sig says "lord help me if i win the lottery"
then again i like setoyotas "i love my carbon footprint" lol

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter

But hemtts are flat out awsome.:D yes, many people (like me) dont have a real reason for owning MV's. and i hope to one day have an m916a1/m870 to use as my ''toy hauler''. but i mean come on, are those even road legal? and i think i read somewhere that they get less than 1 mile per gallon. i know what your saying, but i dont know..ill just keep my comments to myself.

jasonjc

Check the paint TM's they will tell you about the comom markings like tire presure (TP ***) tie down / lift piont at those spots fuel tank markings there should be a star on the front bumper. no step on the air intake.

And that truck looks great.

If you are looking for a factor look the marking should be black on the green and brown and green on the black. This would change in the middle of a word if it went across the color line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks