• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1980 C-80 Chevy bucket truck from VA to IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbill81

I have a 1980 C-80 bucket truck that needs to go from Norfolk VA to Dillsboro IN. Truck runs and is pretty big, picture power company line working truck.
Thanks

Length: Approx 24'
Width: 7' 6"
Height: 10'

Last edited:

wildbill81

Not currently tagged or ins... Not really reliable to drive 600 miles. She has sat for the last 4 years and tires are not great, no lights, etc...

greenjeepster

If you can't get anybody here who is able to move it; put it with a broker. I have used LDI in the past with good results. they can often get it shipped same day even. I have had some M35s shipped with them and the prices are often hard to beat if they can get it picked up as a backhaul. Last deuce I shipped went at 90 cents a loaded mile as a back haul.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this an MV?

This is an MV site.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I saw it and how he is using MV parts on it.

We need to keep a Military truck theme going here on SS.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your're getting off topic for this thread.

If you feel the need to report a thread or posting, it will be discussed and handled amongst the moderators.

Someone needs to draw the line, and that's gonna be me today.

If the op had simply mentioned an MV in his request, we would normally accept it as related.

Seems too many are pushing the boundaries way too far lately.

Last edited:

Reckless

Whether this is an MV or not he choose to contribute to the hobby by posting here. He could potentially put food on the table for an MV hobbyist or put money in an MV hobbyist pocket to pay for parts to get his truck running. You have to look at the end result of him posting on this site.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, like I said(in not so many words), he could have said "maybe someone with an MV could move this...

But he did not.

Get my point yet?

Folks, this is not the place for discussion(it's an ad).

I am not interested in debating the rules and philosophy of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks