• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1983 Govplanet Hummervee

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update...OP called me....nice guy. After along conversation, we are good. Don't want to go into detail out of respect for his wishes, which I fully understand. Suffice to say, he has been around along time in this business.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's been a member over on hummernetwork for years. Had some early trucks. I saw some cross posting there. As well as a few months ago here looking for prototypes. He knew he had a prototype before he bought it. Which is cool. Kinda teased us with some hints before the reveal. Same thing on some other boards, talking about keeping the original bias ply tires. Cool truck but he knows what he had when he first posted and could've told us.
-oh, he's a wise guy.......

ArizonaGasMonkey

Its only worth what someone would pay for it restored. Go use it and enjoy it. Its cool that it is a proto type. If someone wants it bad enough have them trade you one they have running and driving and same cash and call it good.

Most prototypes should have been crushed. I don't see AM General offering big bucks to buy it back and put it in a museum.

I may be wrong but go have fun with it and make it street legal.

I had a prototype ambulance a few years back saved from the crusher. Same guys on here talking to you told me it was worthless. I fixed it up and sold it to a collector. it didn't bring anymore than one not of prototype status and its now in Italy in a Military museum.

saddamsnightmare

June 1st, 2016.:?:

IF it is an XM966, gentlemen, he has an important truck historically. However the truck is only worth what one want's to pay for it. One hopes that wisdom will be used to not beat up or change the truck, but as they say on the railroad "money talks and B-------t walks". If a museum would want the truck, or a sugar daddy would buy and donate it, great, one can only hope. What would a pre production test American Bantam Jeep prototype be worth unaltered? Probably very big change.

I am not a fan of the HMMWV in any form, but I do believe that this one deserves better handling in the long run as it is a test item prototype.2cents