• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1984 m1008

sirleaksalot

Greetings all, I've been lurking and reading for a while since I found this truck. I was just looking for a regular one and it showed up.
I will be getting it tuesday or so, it is a 84, with 61k on it.
the ride is very surprising as in smooth, I've had 2 one ton trucks (civis) that rode rougher.
I am only the 3rd owner and the last two know each other.

I also have a 1951 M38 too, it is in an altered state and is not a original example, still has its body and all.

Rich

2deuce

One thing to be sure of is that the axles haven't been replaced. I've seen that before, but it was always noted by the seller, but after it has been sold a few times, that info may be forgotten. Maybe they let some air out of the tires, because every M1008 or M1028 I've rode in was very stiff unless it had some weight in it. I just got home from driving all day and didn't notice this was your 1st post, by all means welcome. Do some searches here on the M1008 and you can know the M1008 inside and out before you ever see one. wish you luck. Greg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks