• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1985 AM General M923 Question,

SPC_romaine

I was wondering if you guys have any idea if this has air brakes or not Im looking at it on Government Liquidation but they dont list if it is or not I seen one on a diffrent lot but I wasent sure wether it was for that one or not, Because on the back I seen like it has the huck up for were you can pull a trailer with air brakes. But Not sure. Would think they had air brakes in 1985 but I could be wrong " got to work on History :p "

Nonotagain

To answer your question, all of the 900 series trucks have full air brakes.

Depending on your states requirements, you may be required to have a class B drivers license with an air brake endorsement.

jasonjc

To answer your question, all of the 900 series trucks have full air brakes.

Depending on your states requirements, you may be required to have a class B drivers license with an air brake endorsement.

Really I did not know that HMMWV's (M998's) had air brakes.?.?.:?

Or did you mean to say all M939 series trucks??

SPC_romaine

Thanks I'm trying to find out if in SC if I can get a class E or F will cover the air brakes because it's not over 26,000 lbs when I look it up it says a can go over 26,000lbs with a truck and motor home and the wheel vichle so I don't fully understand it any idea cuz SC don't do airbrakes odd on's for driver linc... We have the different class dlso I have no idea lol

Bighurt

Most states now have air brakes as an endorsement a written test is all that's required.

South Carolina requires an Air Brake skills exam...

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most states now have air brakes as an endorsement a written test is all that's required.
Michigan requires a written and road test for the air brake endorsment .
Every state is different contact your local DMV or what ever they call it in your state , and get the rules from them .The need for a endorsment usually goes by the GVWR not the actual weight of the truck .

Bighurt

Michigan requires a written and road test for the air brake endorsment .
Every state is different contact your local DMV or what ever they call it in your state , and get the rules from them .The need for a endorsment usually goes by the GVWR not the actual weight of the truck .
Hence the word "MOST"...not "ALL"...your mileage may differ...

SPC_romaine

o ok ill give that a try and see what they say, on monday. thanks guys.. Just trying to get every thing right before i start bidding and then get stuck in some way.