• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1985 CUCV - electrical problems - HELP - want to be driving it!!

javedev

After it sat this winter the batteries were dead and when I attempted to recharge them something occurred so that when the charger was hooked up the horn blew continuously.

I removed and recharged the batteries on the bench, replaced them and got it running.

It will now start and run, however, now everything 12 volt constant is dead (headlights, taillights, turn signals, horn). I have checked all fuses and they seem fine.

My thought is that it is a fusable link or relay somewhere. There is a 20amp fusable link on an orange wire off the back of the right alternator. Could this be it?

Any help would be appreicated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks