• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 chevy blazer (cucv)

azM35a2

just bought this yesterday as a "nonrunner"....the geniuses were trying to wire it up 12v. so as soon as i bought it i wired it 24v and it fired up in less than 1/4 revolution. 80k original miles. has a little rust down low and missing the rear hatch, has blackout lights with a fancy switch panel and the rifles holders...

realistically i'll probably just sell it but figured i'd show everyone anyways. supposed to be getting another one aswell but it's brown and unknown running condition.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
just bought this yesterday as a "nonrunner"....the geniuses were trying to wire it up 12v. so as soon as i bought it i wired it 24v and it fired up in less than 1/4 revolution.
I love to find this type of truck and take the "problem" off their hands.

Good job. [thumbzup]

2deuce

Nice looking truck! I personally wouldn't use those rings to tie it down in that way, since a side load like that is pulling against the cotter key.2cents

wikallen

Nice looking truck! I personally wouldn't use those rings to tie it down in that way, since a side load like that is pulling against the cotter key.2cents
How exactly is that pulling on the cotter key? The force is on the ring, the ring is against the frame mount. You might want to tell the DOD of this cotter key side load problem, as the TM-55-2320-289-14 Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle (CUCV) Manual shows using the front tie downs to secure the CUCV for transport. Only thing I would do different is criss cross the straps.

Attachments

Last edited:

azM35a2

why sell it? why keep it, i have flatbeds, i have multiple 1 ton diesels, i have 6x6's....this would be of absolutely no use to me and would just collect dust.

the rings were perfectly secure. typically i would cross them aswell but i was only going 4 miles so i didn't put a lot of effort into it.

azM35a2

no offense but this isn't in the for sale section so i'm not looking to make a for sale ad out of it and piss off moderators ;-)

azM35a2

ok i've got to ask...i have this thing for sale for 3100 Firm, and have had little interest...why? i've seen far worse ones on ebay for 3500-3700, it's not like a hatch and batterys are expensive, not to mention the low miles and the zero blowby the engine is putting out...

anyone have any tips? aside from "finish it" because i REALLY lack the time right now.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now I'm confused :cookoo:. For some reason I thought I saw an ad somewhere that had the same picture of a M1009 on the trailer, and it was included. If it wasn't OOPS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks