• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 civi c30 questions

isaacucv

I know this is off topic for the site, but I like the knowledge base here. I am about to buy a 1986 c30 dump. It has a 350 with a 4 speed. Overall its in great condition. I am having trouble finding specs on it, particularly towing capacity. Does anyone here have experience with these trucks? I will use it for my tree service to take some of the load off of my 08.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is off topic for the site, but I like the knowledge base here. I am about to buy a 1986 c30 dump. It has a 350 with a 4 speed. Overall its in great condition. I am having trouble finding specs on it, particularly towing capacity. Does anyone here have experience with these trucks? I will use it for my tree service to take some of the load off of my 08.

Sorry for the less than ideal pic.

Attachments

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got an 86 diesel Dump, (ex US Army fire truck) and an 83 ex Penn Dot gas dually plow truck. the gas truck has much better pulling power but the dump gets better mpg. Anyway snatch up that dump, they are hard to find in good condition here in the rust belt that vintage.

Attachments

isaacucv

I've got an 86 diesel Dump, (ex US Army fire truck) and an 83 ex Penn Dot gas dually plow truck. the gas truck has much better pulling power but the dump gets better mpg. Anyway snatch up that dump, they are hard to find in good condition here in the rust belt that vintage.
What motor do you have in the gasser? I am going to buy this truck, its only $2500 and in great shape. This will be my 8th square body Chevy. It has a solid 350 in it, so I expect it to pull my trailer better then my m1008. It looks just like the one in your picture.

isaacucv

isaacucv,
My gaser has a 350 4 speed and 4:10 rears. Its a dually pickup. didn't get much use this winter.
Cool truck. I'm going to call the seller this afternoon and make it official. I'm just wondering if it has a posi rear. I didn't crawl under the back end because the guys dumpster was leaking some foul water.