• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 hmmwv 6.2L injector pump

crazzyrman

I need the injector pump for a 1986 hmmwv 6.2L.
The shop I have it at right now has the truck apart & says they can't get any fuel through the pump, he is telling me its not the same pump as on the stock 6.2L Chevy so he can't just swap in a replacement so his only option is to send it out for rebuild at $1,100 (just for the rebuild).
Is this my best option or what else should I consider, I'm about to call a couple of the surplus places & check kascar, but I don't want to through an unknown salvage pump in & pay for this job twice.

Last edited:

Barrman

You might want to find a shop that knows something or can think. The only difference between a military HMMWV IP and a military CUCV IP is the top cover. The CUCV IP is the same as the civilian IP. 3 screws, 2 wire connections and a hose fitting is all it takes to swap the covers.

I have three 12 volt trucks running HMMWV IP's currently. No big deal.

Now there are around 48 different versions of the DB2 IP. Make sure you have a 6.2 version and put your old cover on it.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The HMMWV IP is 24 volts
The CUCV IP is 12 volts

Only difference is the relay's in the top of the iP pump. I have both the 12 and 24 volt new relays

crazzyrman

My pump is currently at diesel care & performance (the place on eBay suggested above), they say the pump is completely locked up & they are trying to find another military spec core to rebuild for me. The service manager says the military spec pump has a larger diameter hole to push more fuel than the stock Chevy pump, he said he would ask his tech that deals with the db2 pumps about whether a stock Chevy pump could be used instead & possibly "turning it up 10%", otherwise he'll have to get several replacement parts direct from stanadyne which won't be cheap (but didn't have prices yet).
So how much less power would it have, its not like this thing has a lot of get up & go to begin with (I know it takes a bit to get up to speed)? Would it still run down the highway at 55-60mph ok?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have core's available for sale, PM if you are interested. I would for your sanity google the company and read some of the reviews. I had seen in the past their pricing and was wondering if they are to good to be true and did a google search, and did not like what I read. That said everyone has a story, so I am not going to judge them but personally, I was not comfortable sending something to them.

Just providing you options.

TucsonVTXF

I have core's available for sale, PM if you are interested. I would for your sanity google the company and read some of the reviews. I had seen in the past their pricing and was wondering if they are to good to be true and did a google search, and did not like what I read. That said everyone has a story, so I am not going to judge them but personally, I was not comfortable sending something to them.

Just providing you options.
I had no issues with them...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks