• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 K5 - M1009 Glow Plug Resistor Bypass

JoeJoe_91

I’ve read the posts, so I know the basics of what needs to be done. I just wanna be sure I don’t fry anything. Truck gives me hell when starting, I assumed glow plugs or something. I had my hand resting above the resistor, when I moved my hand hit the wire on the passenger side of the resistor. I took the positive wire off the slave receptacle and ran it from the front battery to the GP relay.
My question is will this work until I can get a Mega Fuse OR Circuit Breaker, or will it fry something? It takes about 6 tries to get it to crank @ 15 seconds a try.

Attachments

joshuak

I’ve read the posts, so I know the basics of what needs to be done. I just wanna be sure I don’t fry anything. Truck gives me hell when starting, I assumed glow plugs or something. I had my hand resting above the resistor, when I moved my hand hit the wire on the passenger side of the resistor. I took the positive wire off the slave receptacle and ran it from the front battery to the GP relay.
My question is will this work until I can get a Mega Fuse OR Circuit Breaker, or will it fry something? It takes about 6 tries to get it to crank @ 15 seconds a try.

Dirty Harry.png

Even if you do, just fuse it! Only my two cents, which today is free.