• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 M1008 CUCV in San Antonio TX

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buyers should never accept a SF97 made out to someone else, they are not transferable unless the person is a dealer. Force the seller to title the truck before buying it or walk away.

3dubs

In Texas you can get a bill of sale from the seller. Then you can get a bonded title. It is a pain and it is not cheap. It can be done if the price is cheap enough but it is easier for them to go down to the courthouse and get the title. You may be able to go down together and talk to the people and see if they can help. But if you have to get a bonded title do not pay much for the truck.

ABN173

It's not worth 1/2 of the reduced price.......driver's window broken, leaky water pump....WoW Buyer beware. My two cents anyway. Sure it can be spruced up an may be worth something but 4k?

I sold a M1009 for 4k myself but it had a 6" lift and new rockcrawler wheels with HMMWV tires, a decent carc paint job, 75k miles and mechanicly sound. Honestly, I asked 4k because I hoped it would not sell, that way I could justify the $1800 it was going to cost to ship across the country to my next duty station. Once I got there I bought a M1008 that I plan on keeping and never selling.

Last edited:

3dubs

"Great condition... Water pump needs replacing as it has a leak. The drivers side window is busted out." Does not sound like great condition to me. Not even with a title would I think about 4k. You could do better on GL.

DCBM38

"Great condition... Water pump needs replacing as it has a leak. The drivers side window is busted out." Does not sound like great condition to me. Not even with a title would I think about 4k. You could do better on GL.

Yes it is in great condition. $57.00 for a new water pump and $125 for a new window. I will title it in Texas if someone buys it. Thanks for your input.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks