• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 m1008 value

Oerthedge21

So im looking at a 1986 chevy m1008, and I was wondering if you guys could give me an approxament value. Now, this truck is not like most, as it has some changes made. It has a plow on it, and the frame is clean, only some surface rust, still paint on most of it. The guy says he bought it at a govt auction down south. It came with a 454 in it with an sm465. It also comes with a spare 350 with an sm465 on it. Needs tires, breaks, and exhaust work. Still has factory paint, and body is staright. Runs and drives fine. Said it has 103k miles on it. spare 350 has around 63k on it. Any guesses as to what it might be worth?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much are you wanting to spend?
Are you wanting a plow truck that has been "modified" or a true unmolested M1008?

With the plow and more importantly a different engine, etc it's not worth, in my opinion, any more than a regular C/K gas truck.
It doesn't have really much value as a M1008 now that the diesel has been removed and who knows what else.

There were two great deals today on govauction for M1008's

CUCVLOVER

If you want the plow and a gas motor then there ya go. If you want a super stock no mods truck then keep looking. If you want a cucv with a big block and no plow then you can rip off the plow and sell it. Basically most cucv trucks can bring 2 k just for the axles is what I have seen. So basically it's what do you want to pay.
Good luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I'm buying, I'm thinking around $2k.

If I'm selling, then maybe as high as $3500.

As stated above, the main appeal at this point is the 456s with lockers.

It's going to be a hard sell, unless you find that guy that wants an OD chevy.

The main appeal to the MV enthusiasts (at least me) is the ability to tow bar it behind other MVs, and the ability to slave from it and to it. It has been stripped of this functionality....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks