• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1988 m35a2c

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck. Welcome to the small group of "ex USAF, last production run trucks" owners group. Whats your serial #?
Your truck has from the factory: dropside, dual brakes, heater, hardtop, TD engine, D turbo, and all the latest upgrades... Just like Mine, Readymans, and Dan Martins's trucks.

AJMBLAZER

Just out of curiosity...since they made the M35 series for like 20+ years...what are the advantages of the newer ones like this? Other than being 20 years newer than some similar M35's?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The dual brake system is the biggest improvement... So if part of the brake system fails, you can still stop. If you have brake failure in the single system, your in a world of hurt.

tamangel

variations...

What are the specific variations in the models M35A2B and 2C..were there other later letters/variations? When was the last M35A2 series built

Mike

JohnnyReb

emmado22 said:
Nice truck. Welcome to the small group of "ex USAF, last production run trucks" owners group. Whats your serial #?
Your truck has from the factory: dropside, dual brakes, heater, hardtop, TD engine, D turbo, and all the latest upgrades... Just like Mine, Readymans, and Dan Martins's trucks.
I am impressed. How can you tell all that from the pic?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1987-89's were all produced for the USAF under the same contract, they were all built the exact same. 98% of them did not have winches, but a handful do. Heck, they all have the same Leece-Neville 60 Amp AE model generator. They have the "tabbed" headgasket with the firerings, which isnt the latest and greatest. They also have a blue warantee plate on the dash.

I'd be interersted to find out if that one has a slave cable hookup. Thats one thing that was NOT installed at the factory.. I'm also interested in the seatbelts it may have..

acetomatoco

Cargo Trucks M35 Gas Engine
M35 A1 Multifuel LDS427
M35 A2 Various MF 465 Engines
Built from 1950 to 1989 more or less continually in one variation or another...by several builder/assemblers. Many wheelbases and two distinct tire and wheel combinations. Gassers were direct drive 5th and M/F used direct 4th and O/D 5. Latest iterations were the sloped up nose M35A3s, which were reconfigured M35A2s given new production dates as I recall, but based on earlier trucks. A collector could go crazy trying to have one of each variation...for sure, especially with all the special kits and MWOs which could be applied..

JohnnyReb

:oops: :oops: ....
I didn't bother to read it... trying to get to the pic... :p

Now if you where alittle more devious then you could have played me like a trout...

"Now JR just look at the location of the reflectors..... 87-89 are spaced alittle differently....etc."

richardsredemption

yes it was one of the three at peoria,and will send pics when i pk it up was able to do a preview last week,dont think im goig to drive it home though i have read too many nightmare threads, i have access to rgn [lowboy] dropdecks, and flatbeds, so ithink i am just going to haul it home. here are a few more pics

Attachments

DanMartin

Same year as mine. That's a USAF truck (you can tell by the flapper on the exhaust). The USAF maintains their trucks very well, so this one is probably in exceptional shape. I know mine looks like it never left the base, and never left the tarmac. Note that the later years USAF trucks have the the split brake system (very desirable).

The only drawback to the USAF trucks is that they rarely came with winches (if ever) and no pioneer racks. Both can be installed as bolt-on operations from other donor trucks.

DanMartin

Welcome to the '88 club!

Did yours also have a flight-line signal sticker on the dash or glove box area? Basically it tells you what to do for certain signals when out on the flight-line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks