• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1988 m35a2c

readyman

richardsredemption,
Nice catch, looks like its in great condition.

DanMartin,
Although I had the Slave Cable and seat belts, didn't have that flight line sticker(sounds cool tho, got a pic?).
My Deuce was from Home AFB, and had 'Air Force - Official Use Only' on the doors, FWIW anyone know what that assignment is?
Although an '88, when I went thru the seperate Multifuel engine, axles, sub-assems, the ID tags were '89 mfg. dates.

DanMartin

Here's the flightline sticker (I had a spare):

If you look at the pics that Kenny posted of that 87, you can just see said sticker below the blue warranty plate.

I'm trying to secure a stack of these from some contacts I have at a local base that is closing...if I can get them I will make them available to those in need.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 87 in my pics had all the BII hand tools and air assist steering and yes, the flighline decal

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that and downshifting is a good thing to do, but eventually, you run out of hands... Plus, how good a shape is the parking brake in? Most trucks, it wont even hold on a slight incline....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
DanMartin said:
All the parking brake will do is make a lot of smoke...
And smell funny.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
And deadline the truck after you do PMCS..

Nice truck it amazes me that the truck was produced for so long. I was just talking to my DAC yesterday about GOERS and dueces he drove over here in the earlly 70's and he said his duece would always get him home even with several flat tires. I like split brake option but my all time favorite mod is the air shift front axle since most of our dueces went down for sprag problems before that mod

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks