• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1988 Protective Control Box Prestolite - Opened up for a looksee

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This Protective Control Box Prestolite came out of my 1988 M998. The wait light didnt work and the alternator was in the red. I replaced the box with a used yellow tag unit to match the sensor on the engine....Bingo the wait light works and my alt gauge is back in the green - the engine starts like it should. Heres some pics of the Prestolite box.
IMG_9862.jpgIMG_9864.jpgIMG_9865.jpgIMG_9869.jpg

orgnal

This Protective Control Box Prestolite came out of my 1988 M998. The wait light didnt work and the alternator was in the red. I replaced the box with a used yellow tag unit to match the sensor on the engine....Bingo the wait light works and my alt gauge is back in the green - the engine starts like it should. Heres some pics of the Prestolite box.
View attachment 658099View attachment 658100View attachment 658101View attachment 658102
Thank you for the visuals. I hadn't seen the inside of these control boxes.

McReddy