• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1989 M923A2 MRAP Aluminum Wheels.

red

Centrifugal force. I've done it with a few different vehicles/tires and it's always worked. Below about 20mph it has no effect, tires are not spinning fast enough for the balancing media to 'stick' to the tire through a full rotation but at those speeds it doesn't matter anyways.

If you used solid media in these tires it won't work because of the tar. The BB's/powder would clump up and get stuck creating a heavy spot and throwing the tire out of balance even worse.

Special T

Centrifical force move the liquid to where it's most effective. In aircraft tires they use balancing patches put on the inside in the middle of the tread. The advantage to liquid is that you can't spin the balancing weights on the wheel and as a Tire wears it's point of balance does also. I wouldn't think you need more than a quart of fluid per Tire 2lbs is a lot when it's distributed along the tread on the inside. You need more weight the closer to the center of the hub you get

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks