• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1990 998 Headlight Issues

darylwiz

1990 Humvee

Here is all my issues

3 Switch Turned all the way to the right-
No Headlights
Turn blinker to the right side (passenger) , turns both front blinkers on, Turns rear right blinker on Running Lights work
Turn blinker to the left side (Driver) nothing up front flashes. Nothing in Rear Flashes. Running Lights work

One Right Click over
Turn Blinker to the right (Passenger) front left signal flashes right rear flashes
Turn blinker to the left Right Front flashes, both rear flash. Running lights

High Beam Indicator on Dash lights up and turns off when pressed off and on

Problem is I can’t get the headlights to work….At all…..

Any help would greatly be appreciated or any electrical geniuses in California, Los Angels or Orange County.

INFChief

1990 Humvee

Here is all my issues

No Headlights
Turn blinker to the right side (passenger) , turns both front blinkers on, Turns rear right blinker on Running Lights work
Turn blinker to the left side (Driver) nothing up front flashes. Nothing in Rear Flashes. Running Lights work

One Right Click over
Turn Blinker to the right (Passenger) front left signal flashes right rear flashes

Any help would greatly be appreciated or any electrical geniuses in California, Los Angels or Orange County.
I don’t have a TM or a schematic - but I vaguely remember that the turn signal switch has something to do with headlights. I’m either thinking of a much older vehicle or I’m hallucinating….

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My limited trouble shooting on my 1988. Work in this order:

Bulbs, grounds, switches, connectors, wiring.

On my own vehicle, multiple bulbs were out (and had been replaced with 12V versions). A few of the grounds were lose. Switches were fine. And one of the connectors was broken internally. (And I've seen signs of someone screwing with the wiring, but so far I've not had to diagnose that.)

Hummer Guy

1990 Humvee

Here is all my issues

No Headlights

One Right Click over

Sounds like a grounding problem

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks