• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1993 BMY M923A2 from Fort Jackson SC

Vandrel

Yeah left side. Missing the 1 1/2 socket in my kit. Got the rest apart already.

If another tire goes out I'll definitely have to ask for help since I won't have another spare :)

Vandrel

uploadfromtaptalk1399348181452.jpg

After sitting on the side of I95 for 5 hours waiting on a wrecker we finally got the spare on and made it to the shop. Now to search for a new set of Goodyear tires.

FloridaAKM

Wow, that tire didn't have much left to fling off before you got her stopped. Glad you finally got home safely with the new truck. In the shop, the 5 ton makes all your cars look a lot smaller.

She looks really good cleaned up & ready to roll again! Congratulations on your recovery!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much seat cushion did you suck up before you got her stopped? Did it give you any clue it was going to blow?

Vandrel

Wow, that tire didn't have much left to fling off before you got her stopped. Glad you finally got home safely with the new truck. In the shop, the 5 ton makes all your cars look a lot smaller.

She looks really good cleaned up & ready to roll again! Congratulations on your recovery!
Yeah was done in an instant. It was a very long trip but we made it back. I read all the reviews about the XL tires on here and took the chance anyway so lesson learned and can't really complain. I was still happy the truck made it all the way without any mechanical issues.

Also, was checking your thread on your truck, love it. Looks great! I showed my wife the pictures of your truck and she said he wants us to pickup a desert one now lol.

How much seat cushion did you suck up before you got her stopped? Did it give you any clue it was going to blow?
To be honest it was pretty intense. Great weather out and not a lot of traffic on I-95. The tire exploded so fast and loud that for a split second I though I was back in Iraq and just hit an IED. No warning at all. There was so much debris from the tire exploding that some flew inside the cab of the truck and I got a little in my eye even though I was wearing my old set of Wiley-X PPE sun glasses. Truck pulled hard to the left and thought I was going into the guard rail but I managed to pull the wheel hard and keep control of it to ease it off to the right shoulder. About 4-5 cars pulled over that were around me a the time and I thought they took hits from the debris but as soon as I got the truck stopped on the side they took off and left, guessing they just wanted to be sure no one was hurt. Thankfully it wasn't any worse.

I will say this though, I got a quick OJT lesson on how to change a tire on a 5 ton the first day I got it lol.

Vandrel

Today I received the HSMV 82994 and 82040 (FL title paperwork) from GL for me to sign and return so they can issue me a FL title and registration. Question is I noticed on the HSMV 82040 (Application for certificate of title) they have the weight of the M923A2 listed as 21,470 with GVW/LOC of 31,550. After all the reading I did prior to purchase I was under the impression that the GVWR of the M923A2 was under 26,000 which didn't require me to have a CDL. I'm not sure what GVW/LOC is on the HSMV 82040 but I'm assuming they are declaring the GVWR to be 31,550 meaning I will need a CDL.

Any other FL owners able to confirm this? Should I just sign it and send it back for a title or tell GL to correct it?

20140515_212847.jpg

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have left the weights on my vehicles as listed on the form since they have always been the same as the -10. If there was a mistake I would point it out. They should be the same as in the -10.

In Florida, weight the requirement for the CDL is based on the load capability of the vehicle, not the weight you tag it for. The FL DOT website has a flow chart for determining if you need a CDL. This one is a few years old but I doubt it has changed.

Pages from florida_cdl_2010.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks