• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1993 m35A3

nathank

Was looking at one of these on gov liq had a few questions. It has a CAT 3116 and an allison. What are the good and bad of these compared to say a 1973 duel fuel< alos on the same auction. Thanks for any response.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loaded question there. You will find a lot of negative on the A3 but most of that is from people who have never owned an A3. For more on the A3 check out M35A3.net. Both are good trucks. The A3 will come with a lot of stuff many A2 owners spend big bucks installing in their trucks IE super singles, better seats, pwr steering, 3 point seat belts , dual circuit brakes, air dryer auto trans etc etc etc. Most evething on the A3 will be much newer than anyihing on a A2 . The A2 is older tech which in the end may be more reliable, The A2 looks better to most people

Last edited:

nathank

I like the idea of the CAT engine "something I am familiar with" but, kinda like the idea of the manual tranny. I noticed in the pics on the auction that it only had single wheels instead of dual wheels in the rear. Which I would do anyway on whatever I bought. Also want to do a four door conversion on whatever i buy along with or a bob. What is the likely hood of getting another cab for the A3 to do this? Does anyone have pics of there A3 ? Would like to see some that have been moded. nopics

wsucougarx

Haha, this is becoming an all too familiar question. There are a ton of threads started one this. I would just read the first couple posts on each thread. Seems the A3 guys and A2 guys read way into the question and the arguements get flowing about which one is better and why...haha. We all know the A2 is much better than the A3, uh oh did I just do that;-) All kidding aside, just do your research and read as many threads you can

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
plenty of cabs around the cab for both a2 and a3 and all the 809 series 5 tons are the same.

nathank

First of all did not want to start any type of discent in the ranks!!! Lol just wanted a few questions answered about the difference between the two. Has anybody done an A3 four door? I would like to see one.

olewhiskey

I have a M35A3, don't think its fugly,(really saying which Army truck is more elegant is like trying to guess which mule is prettier) chicks dig it and its fun to drive. I also want a A2 for its Multi fuel capability and 40s tech simplicity. You'll typically pay more for an unmolested A3 and certain parts are harder to find.

nathank

I am with plewhiskey on the simplicity of the 40's tech I really like that part of it! I believe that is the way I am gonna go just wanted to get a more inteligent answer than I had! Thank you for the imput.