• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1998 LMTV m1078 3116 pulling a code d1-6600 d2-4212 d3-6927

Vovka

Hi im new to this forum and been reading a lot about trucks like mine and need help . I have a similar problem 1998 LMTV m1078 3116 pulling a code d1-6600 d2-4212 d3-6927 I found wires that where rubbing against steering wheel bar. I did try to fix that issue But still can’t get my truck to drive won’t go into gear no communication to Transmission so I thought I did a poorly job crimping my wires and tape. Would that problem burn my ECU ? Also noticed that my k34 relay gets to hot by touching it, ECU was on the worm end by touching it is that normal? Also I changed my A solenoid and internal wire harness in transmission , I check my grounds to Frame and polarity protection device I had 12v and 24v and I have 12v and 24v at PDP. now is it normal for duel voltage regular light jump from 12v to 24v back and forth? Thanks

Attachments

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Page 54

It does suggest testing for shorts to battery positive on the solenoids switch terminals. But otherwise this generally means an internal TCU fault.

Can't find reference to a 4212 code.

6600 usually means the TCU isn't getting signal from the engine computer. Is this a 3126b truck?

Vovka

Page 54

It does suggest testing for shorts to battery positive on the solenoids switch terminals. But otherwise this generally means an internal TCU fault.

Can't find reference to a 4212 code.

6600 usually means the TCU isn't getting signal from the engine computer. Is this a 3126b truck?
It is 3116 and w/wtech III as I was told when I ship out the TCU for check up, they said i needed a solenoid replacement and internal wire harness so I got that and replaced it so still nothing. I did that repair last summer now I’m back at it.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Suggest you go over the harness extremely thoroughly from the WTEC III controller to the transmission looking for more wire issues. Especially where the harness flexes when the cab rotates. The controller verifies that the two wire solenoid circuits are: 1. Not shorted to ground 2. Not shorted to battery 3. The correct ohm value. If these self tests fail, you get the error codes you see. The manuals gives you the ohm values for the solenoid circuits at both the WTEC controller and the transmission connectors.

Ronmar

Have you ever seen this truck operate correctly? With a 3116 engine and properly programmed wtec2 or 3, you should never see code 66. That indicates loss of serial comms to the Engine Control Unit(expecting to see throttle position data from engine computer), which this truck never had…

code 42-12 indicates a short to battery on solenoid circuit A

69-27 is not listed in the allison troubleshooting manual, but allison is pretty logical in the way it lays these out. 69 indicates an ECU fault. This manual uses the acronym ECU to mean Electronic Control Unit(not engine control unit), instead of TCU for trans control unit. Subcode 26 is a ECU open driver for the N solenoid(all the previous subcodes are also open solenoid drivers). Subcode 32 is ECU, SPI communications link fault. Serial Peripheral Interface — Connection between ECU(TCU) and integral shift selector. So Subcode 27 is probably some other driver, or comms related fault.

The transmission, wiring harness and TCU are all matched by versions as they made changes thru the different production years. Mis-match one of these 3 and they won’t work correctly. Also, the TCU must be programmed for the particular application, in this case a mechanical 3116 with a standalone throttle position sensor, and not a 3126 with ECU and TPS data over serial connection. That code 66 tells me either this TCU is really broke, wiped or mis-programmed, or it was swapped with an incorrect version for this truck. Thats why I asked if you have ever seen it work properly? The other codes could easilly be a result of the mis-matched TCU not very happy with an incompatible environment…

Ronmar

What if the tcm isnt seeing the tps
Well if it is in the mode of looking for a standalone TPS I would suspect it would give some form of TPS fault like a 21-12 or 21-23 for failed low or high as it would report a TPS voltage outside the idle and full throttle positions stored in memeory…

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Either bad tcm or wiring issue then. You can see on his label pic under throttle it says autodetect. The tcm label pictured looks correct. The newer trans to cab harnesses have colored wires in the bundle. The older ones that the insulation cracks and you get shorts are usually all white wires.

Vovka

Have you ever seen this truck operate correctly? With a 3116 engine and properly programmed wtec2 or 3, you should never see code 66. That indicates loss of serial comms to the Engine Control Unit(expecting to see throttle position data from engine computer), which this truck never had…

code 42-12 indicates a short to battery on solenoid circuit A

69-27 is not listed in the allison troubleshooting manual, but allison is pretty logical in the way it lays these out. 69 indicates an ECU fault. This manual uses the acronym ECU to mean Electronic Control Unit(not engine control unit), instead of TCU for trans control unit. Subcode 26 is a ECU open driver for the N solenoid(all the previous subcodes are also open solenoid drivers). Subcode 32 is ECU, SPI communications link fault. Serial Peripheral Interface — Connection between ECU(TCU) and integral shift selector. So Subcode 27 is probably some other driver, or comms related fault.

The transmission, wiring harness and TCU are all matched by versions as they made changes thru the different production years. Mis-match one of these 3 and they won’t work correctly. Also, the TCU must be programmed for the particular application, in this case a mechanical 3116 with a standalone throttle position sensor, and not a 3126 with ECU and TPS data over serial connection. That code 66 tells me either this TCU is really broke, wiped or mis-programmed, or it was swapped with an incorrect version for this truck. Thats why I asked if you have ever seen it work properly? The other codes could easilly be a result of the mis-matched TCU not very happy with an incompatible environment…
So yes bought my truck off an auction I drove truck 100 miles to my house sounded like it was in limp mode, because truck shifted up to 5th gear I saw it on the pad and I was driving 20 mph. When I was driving I heard at the PDP relays where clicking as I understand that was the steering wheel bar making contact shorting out something. This is the second year truck sitting not driving.

Vovka

The lmtv gen3 tcms are autodetect programmed the same programmed tcm can do a 3116 tps or 3126 engine computer signal. I have good tested ones on hand.
Can I ship mine to test TCM or if so how can I check if current TCM is good ? How can I contact you to buy one ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks