• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

+1in torque rods?

ODdave

Has anyone given any thought to +1 in torque rods? I have 395's on my truck and would love to run chains. Is there any adverse afects that i nay be overlooking? I am aware of drive shafts and a 2 in longer main leaf. Gimmie some thoughts.

A half joking thought of my dads was to run 1 chain over both rears. I have seen this done on antique trucks, kinna got me thinking.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Has anyone given any thought to +1 in torque rods? I have 395's on my truck and would love to run chains. Is there any adverse afects that i nay be overlooking? I am aware of drive shafts and a 2 in longer main leaf. Gimmie some thoughts.

A half joking thought of my dads was to run 1 chain over both rears. I have seen this done on antique trucks, kinna got me thinking.
I have seen this done MANY years ago for SLOW speed, once speed picks up, things seem to come a-part very QUICK, seems that the tire tries to suck them around it self

paulfarber

Torque rods only see compression/tension (they absorb the torque from the axle) so I don't see a huge deal with welding in a donor section that you cut off another rod... heat treat to stress relieve and you would never know its not stock with a good welder, a grinder and paint.

You could not weld in a 1 inch section becuase by the time you cut the bevel to get a good solid weld on both ends it would be more than 1 inch. So you would have to cut the proper length off a donor and weld together.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you looked at the spacing near your fuel tank or spare tire? I think it would be real close on my truck, and I don't use a full size spare.