• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1st BOB JOB!??

Rattlewagon

Phil, did you leave the wheelbase the same, or did you move the axle back? if so, how far? (result being a new driveshaft, yours looks clean and new.)

thanks,
dan

beaubeau

1st BOB JOB!?? Stage 2

Well to answer jpinst , I did the Bob job for a customer, whom I sold the truck too. I was hesitant to do one for myself , but after doing this one I can see the benifits, and I plan on doing one for myself in the future. It steers much better, maneuvers better, less weight, better fuel mileage, and yes, it is easier to PARK!! We went to a Rally yesterday and Lots of interests in it. I may be doing more Bobs shortly.
To answer Rattlewagon, I tried to put axel in Center of Walking Beam pivot point. But rear Shackles would have gone against Glad Hands on back of frame. About 8inches aheat of Center fit just right. I made a New driveshaft with existing parts from orriginal driveshaft. Customer says it goes well,rides smooth and no vibrations!!??? I feel good about the job I did. I have 2 more Deuces coming in which I shall Bob and Re-sell to anyone who wants one. Good luck all, Phil

SasquatchSanta

RE: 1st BOB JOB!?? Stage 2

I like the looks of the shortened deuce bed much better than the M105 bed.

Given the multi (flex-fuel) factor these trucks are cheap to operate.

Good job!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks great! I have to say driving a bobbed duece is much more fun and user friendly with the only negative being that its no longer a real M35A2 . A bobbed M35A3 would be even better and if I ever get one, I will bob it. I moved my rear axle back 11 inches. No particular reason other than I thought that would be a good place to put it. Having an excavator makes the job alot easier than having a cherry picker and bottle jacks!

67Cougar

Must be nice to have a trac-hoe in the back yard for projects this size. I was happy when i finally got an air powered bottle jack.